A Bicycle Can...
get a child to the school others are building
get a mother to the well others are digging
get an ill person to the hospital in 1/2 the time
get doctors to the people they are trying to save
With a bike, a Community Health Worker (CHW) can...
- Visit 13% more patients a day compared to those without bikes;
- Spend 46% less time travelling to deliver healthcare;
- Spend 4.6 days a week providing healthcare, vs spending 3.4 days a week without a bike
- Spend 26% more time per week providing their services.
With a bicycle ambulance, Community Health Workers can...
- Save lives 89.5% of the time vs. 69.5% without an ambulance
(source: Invest In Knowledge Initiative study, Malawi 2010)